So, I just returned last week from a trip to Utah to see my brother Jarom and sister-in-law Liina graduate from medical school and bless their baby. I took Kate with me, as she was the only child in our family who had not traveled by air this year and was feeling forsaken. Kate and I had some nice bonding time and I spent most of the weekend behind my camera shooting graduation, new baby and pics of my sister Kim's family. It was neat to be at the graduation and see my Dad hooding them at the ceremony. It takes me back eight years ago to Mark's graduation from dental school. I was surprised at the time how emotional it was for me to see Mark walk in in his robes. The emotion of four intense years and the relief and pride were surprising (plus, I was 8 months pregnant with Elsa). Anyhow, I felt very proud of Jarom and Liina and what they have accomplished together! I also enjoyed watching my Dad in his element and took the opportunity to get some pictures of "Dad the academic."
I loved holding baby Hannala,
(okay, I know I just slaughtered the spelling on that one). I am in mourning right now over being done having babies! I think it is because Ben just had his first birthday. It is kind of an emotional thing. There is absolutely nothing more incredible than the feeling of having a newborn that is yours, in your home. You get to peek into heaven on a daily basis. There is a feeling there that cannot be duplicated. So I enjoyed laying on my Mom's couch while baby H. slept. So fun to see the youngest sibling in my family finally a father! It is so true you can't imagine the love until you are a parent! Jarom is definately in love with his baby girl. I can't wait to see them when she is
three and a half and you realize all of those people you always thought were lousy parents were actually not the problem!

No comments:
Post a Comment