Friday, April 18, 2008

I Can't Believe I am Blogging...






I know I am not alone in this, but I can't believe I am blogging. I have been listening to friends talk about their adventures in blogging for, what is going on years now. And although blogging is the marriage of two things that I particulary enjoy (photos and writing) - I have resisted the urge. However, my friend Jessica changed my mind when she showed me a book of her printed blog. Now I could get into the printed blog book. So here I am. Blogging at midnight. Unfortunately, I do not have additional time in my life to get caught up into blogmania. So, I am mainly posting here for the benefit of the Blogg book that I plan to have printed yearly.






Recently, we took a spring vacation to St. George Utah for a change of climate. Our kids were ready for some sun and have never seen the red-rock landscape of Southern Utah. We had a fantastically relaxing time. Stacy and Craig and the rest of the Boynton clan joined us for a couple of days and we visited with Mark's aunt's who relocated there last year. We had a great condo complex very much to ourselves, a nicely heated pool out the door - a playstructure next to it and lost of hiking in Zions and Snow's Canyons. Such a great time!






The only downside to the trip was the desparate moments Abe, Elsa, Kate and I had in Snow's canyon when we went on a little "hike" over the petrified sand dunes and got into an area we had a hard time climbing out of! There were lots of exciting things like 200 foot drop offs that were preventing us from getting us where we wanted to go. I love opportunities like this, when my children are desparate and crying for their Dad - to have a seminary moment (which includes a prayer and a solution and then another prayer of thanks (thanks for reminding us to do that, Abe)).




We also had a nice visit to the St. George Temple and the visitors center there. We love to have some kind of spiritual aspect when we vacation - so that was great. It was fun to have the cousins come down too. The kids all had a great time playing together with very few disagreements!




So here we are back home and I am finding that daily my life with five young Children can be so ridicules and hillarious at times that I have got to write things down more regularly or I will never remember all of the details. Why is it that anytime I am supposed to get out the door to pick one of my children up, world war three all but breaks out as you are trying to get out the door?



turning

No comments: